Thursday, March 01, 2007

Impasse - Remains

So it's been a week or so... and the few potential customers we had, didn't pan out as we had hoped. One wanted everything for nothing - something we've experienced more times than we can count now. They see ads for $100 websites, and think they can get a year's worth of the works for that. *sigh* What they don't realize is these cheap websites don't bother to update their site, maintain it, or offer anything more than a business card online - and 'when' you decide to use a better service, they've hijacked your URL with no hope of return.

So that makes my decision even harder. We're not comfortable being without that extra money. Since my husband is a contractor, there's no telling if we'll make enough every month.

We did find a daycare center near the house that seems acceptable to our standards. But, still - it's over a half hour away from work, and if anything happened.... Plus, I'd be away from her all day.... But I'd only be losing about a third of my pay every month, which would go towards all the comfortable things in the house. We'd be pinching every dime otherwise, and I'm also not sure I want to do that to our daughter.

With that said... It's highly tempting to take up d.b. Echo's offer. LOL (see comments on Impasse).

Work is getting worse. They are piling on more work, and still refraining from hiring - yet want to grow as a company by 10 times in a matter of months. Impossible. They'll break the company before that happens at the rate they're going.

Then I get a call from our auto insurance that my husband got in a tiny fender bender at a whopping 2 miles per hour, but the other person filed a claim already. Sheesh. Maybe if they didn't drive like jackasses by darting in front of a laden work truck and expecting it to be able to stop on a dime.... such incidents wouldn't happen.

I don't get people's fascination with getting around one car, just to get off at the next exit 1/4 mile away. Or my favorite.... weaving like a madman in and out of traffic, to gain no more ground than the one staying in one lane.

Men in Black had it best:
"A *person* is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

But I digress. In any case, I still haven't made my decision. Though, as much as I fear the idea, I may have to turn my daughter over to strangers to raise - at least for as long as it takes to get more business coming in.

*le sigh*

On the upside (i guess), my website will be getting a major makeover in the coming months... including a corporate blog (as opposed to this personal one), a new gallery, a sample shopping cart, and a few other goodies. Then I'll get to work on my husband's site so he can start publishing his writings.

No comments: