Friday, November 10, 2006

Baby Shower-Luncheon

Well, I made out like a bandit today. (I'll be updating the list on the other post shortly).

I got a diaper genie, a diaper bag (eddie bauer, no less!), clothes (all infant size), blankets, wipes, diapers, powders/lotions/soaps, bottles, bottle sanitizer, bottle cleaning brush, car seat toys, and several other things. And my bosses gave me a nice little donation. (Every penny helps, especially with the due date bumped up to just a week away, instead of a month away!!)

I have pictures (3 meg worth...and that's the resized ones). I'll email to whoever wants them.

They also made LOTS of food - and a really cool punch (my husband's suggestion). Raspberry sherbert with 7-Up poured over it. Yummy! It was a big hit.

There were Columbian Empanadas (meat-filled fried....um... things. Mystery meat - but Very Yum), Macaroni Salad, Veggies & Dip, a bread bowl with Dill Dip, Pinwheels (some sort of rolled up lunch meat, cheese, and a breadlike substance sliced thin), 7-layer dip, Fruit Jello Salad, meats and cheeses, various chips and sodas, and I brought in some home-made marshmallow fudge.

It was a lot of fun, and so very much more than I expected! I'm glad they had it here at work, so everyone could be involved. If it had been on a weekend, as originally planned, I feel most (if not all) would have bailed.

No comments: