Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Finally - No More Stress

After a month of stress, stress, more stress, and then some added on top of that - the stormclouds finally broke, and the sun is finally shining through. (Complete with Rainbows!)

It looks as though the lil'un will be a Galveston baby. Born by the best medical students in Texas.

Yup, you read right. Students. Univ. of Texas, Galveston Medical Building, to be precise.

Finally, the world-sized ball of stress is gone. No more wondering how we'll pay, who we'll pay, where we'll pay, and how many more suprise bills there will be along the way.

The other doctors I had called or seen, all wanted between $2,800 - $3,500. That was just for the doctor, and didn't include any labwork, hospital bills, anything. That was just for prenatal visits! On top of that, they all wanted to be paid that amount within the next 2-3 weeks. *choke, hack, cough* It would be more if it was a C-section delivery. eek!

UT will charge either $2,000 or $3,650, depending on how much we make. But that's it. I have to have it paid off before I deliver (that's still another 4 months! Sure beats the 2 weeks!), it includes EVERYTHING. There are only two catches. Baby HAS to be delivered in Galveston, and the Ultrasounds have to be done in Galveston. (wah. I can drive that for the occasional visit). But the rate includes:


  • Prenatal visits

  • Delivery (yes, hospital fees too! not just the Dr.)

  • Room & Board nearby for when I'm close to due

  • 2 Ultrasounds

  • Labwork


Everything but the college tuition. *wink*

Now, I'm going to try to see if I can sneak in an ultrasound tomorrow at the last place that did it for me, but I doubt I'll get it. Something about liabilities and such. They say they won't do it after 14 weeks, and now I'm about 20 - Going on 21.

I don't have my first UT appointment until Aug. 22. So that's quite a ways away yet. Oh well. At least I have that security blanket now of not having to worry about what's going to happen. Now, I can FINALLY stress out about how to prepare for the baby once it's here. That is a much more welcome stress, and a much more fun one. :)

No comments: